- the personal information we collect about you,
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Stornaway Productions Ltd, registered in England with company number 11780589 (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
What information do we collect and process?
Personal information provided by you
During the course of accessing the Site, contacting us, or otherwise dealing with us, you may provide us with a range of personal data which we will use in the course of our business. This personal information may include:
- Your name or another unique identifier;
- Your address;
- Your age and/or date of birth;
- Your contact details (which may include your landline telephone number, mobile number, and/or email address);
- Payment or other financial details (e.g. payment card information, bank information);
- Professional information (e.g. job title and/or type, professional qualifications, industry); and
- Other related information.
Information we collect automatically
Our Site may collect certain information about you automatically (such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system). We also collect information about the use of the Site (known as ‘analytics’) so that we can track user journeys, identify trends, and analyse viewing habits.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other third party sources (such as our suppliers, customers, or group companies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us operate our business effectively.
For example, if the Site enables you to interact with third party social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.), we may receive some profile information from those platforms to facilitate the interaction.
How we use your information and our legal basis for processing your information
We may process your personal information for a variety of reasons, including to:
- display the Site and its functionality and enable your interaction with it;
- provide content, communications or information you request;
- respond to a request, order, enquiry or complaint you may have;
- customise the Site and its content to your particular preferences; and
- improve our Site and services.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process personal data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract;
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations); or
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal information, and our legal basis for doing so, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
Storage of your information and who your information might be shared with
Our Site is hosted and maintained using third party servers. Therefore, any personal information submitted or processed via your use of the Site will be stored on those third party servers. The servers are based in the UK/EEA.
If you contact us, we may store your personal data on our systems based in the UK.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group to the extent that there is a legitimate interest in doing so to support our business aims;
- our agents and service providers, to the extent that they require access to the data in order to provide goods/services to us, in which case they will be bound by a contract requiring them to process personal data in accordance with the requirements prescribed by data protection law;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
- a third party purchaser if we sell our business, in which case, customer and user information will be a transferred asset.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data in accordance with the law. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
What rights do you have?
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can review and change your information by contacting us.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
- find out how we process your data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- if we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
- if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. Once we have verified your identity we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month.
- lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to allow us to investigate and resolve the matter as appropriate.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.
How to contact us
This website is operated by Stornaway Productions Ltd, registered in England with company number 11780589 (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’).
Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
Third parties may also set cookies on our website, in order to provide us with relevant information about your use of the website and its services (e.g. Google Analytics) and/or to provide advertising relevant to your interests. Any such third party cookies will be listed below.
For further information on cookies generally, including how to control and manage them, visit the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your consent is required to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where they are essential for us to provide the website and any related services to you. These essential cookies are indicated in the table of cookies, below.
If you do not consent to the placing of non-essential cookies on your device, you can control most cookies through altering your browser settings accordingly. For more information on how to do so, see the following information for the most popular browsers:
Please note that changing your cookie settings may result in the loss of some website functionality and in some cases our Site may not perform properly or be accessible at all.
|Cookie Type||Purpose||Essential Cookie?|
|Functional/login||This cookie is used to store a user’s login state (whether a user is logged in, the duration of login session and related session information).||Yes, this cookie is essential|
How to contact us