Accessibility statement for Stornaway.io
This accessibility statement applies to Stornaway.io.
This website is run by Stornaway Productions Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use the website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- modify the line height and spacing of text
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- the text will reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- Tutorial videos have captions
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- Project video streams do not have caption options
- Not all images have alt text
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- Use our contact us form: https://www.stornaway.io/contact-us/
- Address: Square Works, 17-18 Berkeley Sq, Bristol BS8 1HB
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – our support team will get back to you with an acknowledgement that they have received your email and changes that we can make.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Stornaway Productions Ltd. is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to ‘the non-compliances’ listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Currently, project video streams do not have caption options. This fails WCAG 2.0 success criterion 1.2.2 Captions (Captions).
We plan to add this option in a future release of our platform. Expected within the next 24 months.
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images by January 2023. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader. This fails WCAG success criterion 2.4.1 ( Bypass Blocks).
We will be ensuring that this is enabled by January 2023.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working to ensure that all accessibility issues are fixed. We will update this page when issues are fixed.
- Ensuring all images have text alternatives
- Enabling the ability to skip to main content
- An updated release of the platform will allow for optional captions on all videos
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 05 September 2022. It was last reviewed on 05 September 2022.
This website was last tested on 01 September 2022. The test was carried out by Stornway.io.
We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible Stornaway.io is.
We used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) approach to decide on a sample of pages to test.
We also tested a sample of pages containing embedded Stornaway video players and our web editor page.